Oct 1, 2010

Joaquin Phoenix returns to The Late Show with David Letterman

I hadn't had the chance to see the video of the first visit of Joaquin Phoenix to David Letterman's show (one of the many late night shows that exist in the US, I've honestly lost track. I hear of a new late show every two months) in 2009 as a part of his mockumentary I'm Still Here. The whole thing didn't call my attention too much, but out of curiosity I've had the chance to watch it today. Of course, when this interview was done, nobody knew that his appearance and weird behaviour were part of the role he was playing for his film and that he wasn't actually gone nuts. Phoenix not only tricked the public but also the very Letterman as well. And he's been back to the show as his true self to apologize. If you haven't had the chance to see the first interview, I assure you that it's worth a look. Right below it you can also see his return to Letterman's show now that the truth has been revealed. And Letterman wants one million bucks for the free publicity he unknowingly was doing Phoenix.... is that the joke that it seems to be? Because in the US suing is their everyday bread and the Letterman's Show could easily win a piece of the pie...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...